The GaitScan™ is an innovative diagnostic tool and digital casting device that allows our Podiatrists to analyse patient biomechanics and order custom orthotic products. With 4096 sensors and a scan rate of 300 frames per second, GaitScan™ is the industry leader in dynamic scanning capabilities.
The state of the art force plate is linked to a software program that allows our Podiatrists to accurately detect abnormal foot function as you stand and walk across the force plate. The data from your GaitScan™ aids with planning your treatment and correcting your specific foot problems.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
A new, in-depth method of assessing your gait cycle with a dynamic scan gives your Podiatrist access to a wealth of information that cannot be obtained with the naked eye. Over a million points of data are recorded, tracking flaws in your biomechanics and shedding light on issues that if left untreated, could develop into painful conditions over time.
At TFAAC we ultimately use our vast clinical experience along with the GaitScan™ technology to decide if you need orthotics and/or other treatment interventions including footwear, exercise programs or referrals to other health practitioners.
This can include:
- Interpretation of your history of injury and functional requirements including footwear.
- Examination by an experienced and highly qualified Podiatrist who considers all biomechanical aspects including: muscle and joint range of motion testing.
- Further Diagnostic testing; including X-Rays, musculoskeletal ultrasound, CT scans or MRI’s.
- GaitScan Technology is used to highlight and detect abnormal foot mechanics which contribute to your pain or mechanical problems.
ADDED BENEFITS OF GaitScan™ INCLUDE:
- Ability to determine any pre-exisitng genetic or hereditary factors in children and adults that may lead to problems later in life (eg. Leg length differences, hip and pelvic instability and neurological problems) and allow early intervention and treatment to prevent these or secondary problems from developing as a result.
- Determining the need for exercise programs and engagement of other health professionals to assist you in areas such as lower back and hip pain.
- Diabetic Assessment and pressure analysis assist in determining risks of pressure sores and ulcerations reducing potential amputation.
- Assessing risk of falls and injury
- Pre and post pregnancy evaluation
BOOKING A FREE GaitScan™ ASSESSMENT:
Typically at TFAAC we incorporate and provide a complimentary written report and analysis of its finding for you to take home. We can also provide or send a copy of the report to your GP or referring health practitioner for their benefit.
Currently, by way of celebrating and introducing the amazing GaitScan™ technology to our practices we are offering people the opportunity to make an appointment to experience and undergo a no-obligation FREE GaitScan™ assessment (saving up to $88.00). To take up this offer simply click on the following link to print your FREE GaitScan™ voucher/brochure and contact your nearest TFAAC today and mention this offer at the time of booking.
WHY THE FOOT & ANKLE CLINIC’S ORTHOTICS ARE SUPERIOR!
- EXPERIENCE: Established for over 20 years TFAAC has a proven track record and history of delivering and prescribing orthotics to clients with an unprecedented level of client satisfaction.
- COMFORT: TFAAC’s FULL CUSTOM DEVICES are individually, custom made and moulded to the shape and contour of your foot and to suit your condition using a range of materials specific to your needs and the activities that you perform on a daily basis.
- ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT OPTIONS: At TFAAC we offer an extensive choice of orthotic options that range in costs and vary in their manufacture techniques. We provide you a choice so that you don’t necessarily feel that having a ’custom-made’ device is the only option available for you to consider. We also incorporate a range of other medical treatment interventions that may benefit you in recovering from your complaint or injury.
- FOLLOW-UP: as an organisation we ensure optimal customer satisfaction by incorporating complimentary follow-up consultations for up to 3 months following the issue and fit of your orthotics so that if or where there happens to be any concerns or problems you can be reassured that we will work with you to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- QUALITY: TFAAC is aligned with a leading orthotic company to ensure all our devices are made from only the finest quality materials.
- REPRODUCTION: TFAAC retains your scans and data for several years so that we have all your clinical records on file as well as the ability to manufacture and reproduce your orthotics again in the future. This is typically at a considerably reduced cost.
- COMPLIMENTARY FOOTWEAR ADVICE: At TFAAC we consider footwear to be a crucial aspect to complimenting orthotic therapy and ensuring optimal treatment outcomes. As an organisation we work closely with you to ensure you understand the impact that wearing orthotics will have on your footwear choices. Most of our clinics stock a wide range of footwear and our Podiatrists are willing to provide complimentary advice and education on the most suitable type of footwear for your needs.
- PRIVATE HEALTH REBATES: By comparison to other allied health providers, orthotics prescribed by Podiatrists are typically covered by most private health ancillary rebates. Therefore if you have extras cover with Podiatry you can claim a substantial rebate for the costs associated with your Orthotic Prescription.
- WORKCOVER, TAC, DVA, DEFENCE AUSTRALIA and STATE WIDE EQUIPMENT PROGRAM (SWEP) AFFILIATED: TFAAC is affiliated and works closely with these organisations so that if and where eligible we can assist you in accessing and being prescribed and supplied custom orthotics (along with Medical Grade Footwear) often without any out-of-pocket expense and with minimal inconvenience.
- SPECIAL ‘2-for-1’ OFFER: At TFAAC we recognise that there is no such thing as one pair of orthotics that ‘fits all’ so we exclusively and proudly offer clients the opportunity to have 2 pairs made for the price of one, which often means a more cushioned and flexible pair for sporting purposes and a less bulky, narrower pair for dress or work shoes. This also saves the inconvenience of moving your orthotic from shoe-to-shoe ensuring more regular, optimal wear and producing better outcomes.
For further information please contact one of our clinics via the Contact Us page.